Based in Shawnee
Serving all of Oklahoma
James R. Marshall is a partner in the law firm of Henson & Marshall, PLLC, Shawnee, Oklahoma. He and his wife Karen Henson have practiced law together in Shawnee since 1983. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Oklahoma in 1972, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Subsequently, he received a master’s degree in 1976 from Creighton University. He then obtained his law degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Law in 1979, where he was an editor on the Oklahoma Law Review. Main areas of practice include estate planning, real property, and commercial law.
Jim is a former US Air Force Military Intelligence Officer. After graduating law school, he then served as an active duty Air Force JAG from 1979 to 1983. He continued his service as an Air National Guard Judge Advocate from 1983 through 2006, retiring as a Brigadier General. During that time, positions he served in included Senior ANG Judge Advocate at Air Mobility Command and Air Combat Command, overseeing Air National Guard attorneys in those commands, worldwide. He provided oversight post 9/11 in those commands on issues including training, mobilization, deployment, and operational law.
Jim is a Trustee of the USAF Judge Advocate General’s School Foundation, Montgomery, Alabama, and serves on the Board of Governors of the Oklahoma Bar Association.
Jim is also involved at a community level and is a past president of the Pottawatomie County Bar Association, past president and current member of the Shawnee Lion’s Club, and a former district chairman of the Boy Scouts.
Jim is admitted to practice in the state courts of Oklahoma, the Western and Eastern United States District Courts of Oklahoma, the United States Tax Court, and the United States Court of Military Appeals. He is a member of the Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma and American Bar Associations.
Henson & Marshall, PLLC
100 W. 91H
P.O. Box 3488
Shawnee, OK 74802
• Shawnee High School, Shawnee, OK - Graduated 1972
• Oklahoma Baptist University (B.A. Political Science) - Graduated 1975
• University of Oklahoma School of Law (J.D.) - Graduated May 1979
Editor, Oklahoma Law Review
• Licensed to practice in:
State of Oklahoma
Federal Court of the Western District of Oklahoma
Federal Court of the Eastern District of Oklahoma
Court of the Citizen Band Potawatomi Tribe
• Self-employed, 1979 - present: Originally with family firm of Henson, Henson & Henson (practiced with dad and brother)
1983 - The firm became Henson, Henson, Henson & Marshall; husband joined the firm as a partner; subsequently the firm was Henson, Henson, Henson, Marshall & Milburn for a number of years
2008 - Henson & Marshal, PLLC
• Practiced law with husband Jim Marshall for 31 years
• 1977 - Supreme Court, State of Oklahoma - Oklahoma Center for Criminal Justice
• 1976 - Governor David Boren, Oklahoma State Capitol
• 1974 - Rural Electric Cooperative Financial Corporation, Washington, D.C.
• Congressman Tom Steed, 1975 and 1976
IV. BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
• Karen and her husband Jim Marshall met at OU Law School, graduating at the same time: May 1979. Jim was active duty Air Force JAG and two years later, was able to be stationed back in Oklahoma when Jim and Karen married, May 1981; Jim retired as a one-star General, March 2006. They have two children: Kim and Scott
V. AWARDS AND PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Over 28 years, consistently annually receive the top rating of "AV Preeminent", which is the highest possible rating in both legal ability and ethical standards, by her peers of judges and attorneys, through Lexis Nexus-Martindale Hubble
• 2012 - Listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers in the United States in both legal ability and ethical standards
• Served 2 years on the Federal Judicial Advisory Committee to interview and recommend candidates for three federal judgeships in the state of Oklahoma for the Northern District and the Western District
• Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
• Member of the Oklahoma and the Pottawatomie County Bar Associations
• Lecturer on several occasions at the Oklahoma Bankers' Association Lending School
• First case in Pottawatomie County to obtain a monetary award for intentional infliction of an STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease)
• Published articles, "Expungement - Fact of Fiction?" and "Constitutional Law: District Judgeships - Now Open to Carpetbaggers?"
• Oklahoma Baptist University Profile in Excellence Award - 2002
• Oklahoma Jaycee Women - one of three Outstanding Young Women in Oklahoma
• Best All-Around Woman, Oklahoma Baptist University Homecoming - 1974
VI. COMMUNITY SERVICE
• Trustee on state-wide Board of the Oklahoma Foundation of For Excellence, 1986 - present
• Oklahoma Baptist University, Shawnee Advisory Board - Member from inception to present
• Board of Directors of the Baptist Foundation of Oklahoma, 1999 - 2002; chaired the Trust Administration Committee; served as an Advisor to the Board for 2 additional years
• President of the Oklahoma Baptist University Alumni Association, 1989 - 1990
• YMCA Board of Directors, 2007 - 2013
• Shawnee Educational Foundation, Board of Directors, 2013 - present
• Youth and Family Resource Center, Board of Directors
• United Way Allocation Chairman, and Board of Directors
• Altrusa Club (for business and professional women) of Shawnee, President, 1984 -1986
• Salvation Army Advisory Board
• Active at Immanuel Baptist Church
6 years Finance Committee, First Baptist Church Shawnee
6 years Weekday School Committee, First Baptist Church, Shawnee
Choose Henson & Marshall, PLLC of Shawnee, OK for legal services that are backed by 76 years of combined experience.
Drew O’Gwynn is an associate attorney at Henson & Marshall, PLLC, representing clients in the areas of business law, estate planning, probate, and real estate.
Drew earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in History, magna cum laude, from Oklahoma Baptist University. He earned his Juris Doctor degree, with honors, from the University of Oklahoma College of Law. In law school, Drew served as a research editor of the American Indian Law Review, was named to the Dean’s Honor Roll every semester, was a member of the Dean’s Council mentorship group, and was the treasurer of the Phi Delta Phi International Legal Honor Society. Drew also received an American Jurisprudence Award in estate planning. Drew was awarded the Pro Bono Service Award all three years for his work with the Victim Protective Order Assistance and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance programs.
Drew is a product of the Shawnee Public School system, having attended Wilson Early Childhood Center, Will Rogers Elementary School, Shawnee Middle School, and Shawnee High School. He is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association, the OBA Young Lawyer’s Division, the Pottawatomie County Bar Association, the Shawnee Rotary Club, and is on the Board of Directors of Gateway to Prevention and Recovery. Drew is the current vice-president of the Board of Directors of Gateway to Prevention and Recovery and is the immediate past vice-president of the Pottawatomie County Bar Association.
Drew is admitted to practice law in the state courts of Oklahoma as well as the United States District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma.
In addition to practicing law, Drew serves as
a Game Day Statistician for the Oklahoma
City Thunder and Oklahoma City Blue basketball teams.
Contact us for more information about our